In which I make some vegan flapjacks...
Several of my colleagues are vegan so what better excuse to modify a traditional recipe?
- 300 g (10 oz) oats
- 175 g (6 oz) brown sugar
- 175 ml (6 fl oz) vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan).
- Heat the golden syrup, sugar and oil together in a saucepan.
- Remove from the heat and stir the oats into the mixture.
- Place in a greased square baking tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.*
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before removing from the tin and cutting into squares or rectangles.
- Enjoy the gooey goodness!
*In the non-vegan version of this recipe butter is used, which seems to aid in the setting of the flapjacks. You may want to keep cooking them until you see a crust starting to form.