In which I improve a pretty awesome recipe for biscuits...
And by improve I mean - add more cinnamon!
- 6 oz self-raising flour
- 6 oz plain flour
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 5 oz butter
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Sift flour and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and mix into firm dough.
- Lift on to a lightly floured board, knead until smooth.
- Roll to 5mm thickness & cut into shapes and place on a greased oven tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light golden colour, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool and harden.
The original recipe: http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/506/cinnamon-biscuits.aspx