In which I try my hand at a baked cheesecake...
My triumphant return to weekly CAOS baking!
- 300 g milk chocolate digestives
- 100 g dark chocolate digestives
- 85 g butter
- 400 g dairy toffees
- 125 g evaporated milk
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 300 g cream cheese
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
*Converted from ounces hence the odd amounts
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- As usual for our buttery biscuit base you need to smash the digestives in a bag with a rolling pin until quite fine.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, remove from heat and add crushed biscuits.
- Press into a 9" cake tin and bake for 10 minutes.
- Using a bain-marie melt the toffees into the evaporated milk.
- Pour onto the base.
- Whisk the cream cheese while slowly adding the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie and then whisk into the cheese mixture.
- Pour over the toffee and biscuit base.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Chill in the fridge overnight.
- Enjoy! :D
P.S. Source recipe