In which I make flapjacks because they are tasty and I haven't made them in years...
I haven't made flapjacks in at least 5 years. Which is crazy considering how much I love flapjacks. I've taken a recipe that serves 12 and scaled it up to make at least 60 to satiate the needs of hungry musicians. I've also tinkered with the flavours, enjoy!
- 875 g/30 oz butter
- 875 g/30 oz golden syrup
- 875 g/30 oz dark brown sugar
- 1.75 kg/60 oz oats
- 5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 5 teaspoons nutmeg
- 5 teaspoons valencian orange extract
- 5 teaspoons mixed spice
I split the ingredients into 2 batches to allow for the different flavourings and make it manageable enough to mix.
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Melt butter over a low heat.
- Add golden syrup and sugar and heat gently until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Add flavourings.
- Remove from heat and pour over oats.
- Mix well.
- Pack into baking trays.
- Cook for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.