In which I post a scrambled eggs experiment at Mike's behest...
For many years I have been making a variation on Gordon Ramsay's scrambled eggs.
- knob of butter
- 3 eggs
- dash of milk
- 1/2 tbsp mascarpone
- (optional) chives/smoked salmon
- (to serve) toast
- Put a knob of butter in a saucepan over a low to medium heat.
- Once the butter starts melting break the eggs into the pan.
- Scramble the eggs while trying to keep the yolks intact.
- Remove from the heat and keep stirring while breaking the yolks.
- Return to the heat while adding the milk.
- Continue to scramble moving off the heat if they cook too quickly.
- Add mascarpone and continue to scramble off the heat.
- Add pepper and salt while continuing to stir.
- (Optionally) add smoked salmon or chives.
- Serve on toast.