In which I make a quick & easy Thai Green Curry...
So after a weekend where I made a nice traditional Thai green curry I was stuck with some leftover ingredients and not much time to make food before going out to a party. I almost made a quick mushroom soup chicken with rice meal but since I had some spare ingredients around I had a go at making a quick curry. It ended up being very tasty!*
*Though it was a little hot, feel free to add less chilli.
Serves 2 (or 1 hungry student)
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tin mushroom soup
- 1 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 chilli, sliced lengthways
- 6 basil leaves
- 1 tbsp oil
- 100 g rice
- Put rice on to boil in plenty of water (keep an eye on it but it should be fine with just an occasional stir).
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on a high heat.
- Put the Thai green curry paste in the pan and allow to sizzle for about 20 seconds.
- Add the chicken and stir frequently turning down to a medium heat.
- Once the chicken is cooked pour in the mushroom soup.
- Bring the soup almost to the boil stirring frequently.
- Add the basil leaves and stir for several minutes.
- Add the chilli for less than a minute.
- Serve and enjoy!