Happy Weekend! Here's a cake recipe!
This is my adaptation of a chocolate torte recipe to make it even yummier (just add ginger).*
- 250 g Dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 568 ml (pint) double cream
- a handful of glacé ginger
- as much ground cinnamon as you can handle :p
- coca powder (for dusting)
- Break the chocolate into a bain-marie along with the golden syrup and about a third of the cream.
- Heat over a low heat until melted (~15 mins).
- Wait for the chocolate to cool to 'just warm' (I forgot to do this so it didn't work out as well as hoped).
- While the chocolate cools put the remaining cream, the cinnamon and ginger in a bowl and whisk until the cream takes a few seconds to lose its shape.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the cream.
- Pour the mixture into a cake tin and allow to set in the fridge (I had to use the freezer because I messed up the earlier step).
- Dust with cocoa.
- Serve :)
*Apologies to people who don't like ginger - you won't find this tasty.
P.S. The original recipe: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1357/decadent-chocolate-truffle-torte