In which I post a really late cake...
Apologies for further lack of tea - reviews will be coming next week I promise :)
2 years ago, just as I had started this blog*, I had to go to a departmental barbecue and they asked people to make cakes - this is what I did!
*before I posted regularly.
- I used a simple sponge recipe to make two 9" round chocolate cakes.
- I used a round cookie cutter to remove the centre of one of the cakes.
- I stuck the cakes together with jam.
- I used ready roll icing to cover the cake pushing it down around the edges.
- And trimmed the icing to make a hole and give it nice edges.
- I then made a scanner bed out of icing.
- And put the correct writing onto the 'scanner'.
The Finished Article
So it was based on one of these:
And ended up looking like this:
I'm quite pleased and may have to make a full 3D one this year :D