- 12 oz self raising flour*
- 12 oz caster sugar
- 12 oz margarine/unsalted butter
- 6 medium eggs
- 2 packs orange jelly
- 1 pint water
- 300g chocolate
- Cream the sugar and marge together in a big bowl
- Add in the flour and eggs slowly.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Bake in a frying pan at 180°C for ~30 minutes (or until cooked through)
- Leave to cool.
- Dissolve two packets jelly in ½ pint boiling water.
- Make up jelly to 1 pint by adding ½ pint cold water.
- Leave to cool in a small bowl (pick one the correct size and shape for a good jaffa cake look).
- Carefully slide a knife around of the jelly and then upturn on top of your cake base.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie (small ceramic/glass bowl in a saucepan of hot water).
- Coat the (top of the) cake in chocolate.
- Allow to cool
- Apply a pattern in any remaining chocolate to the top.
- Allow to cool.
- Enjoy :D
*The original recipe said that baking powder was required then their cake overflowed. It really isn't required.
P.S. Original recipe: http://www.pimpthatsnack.com/project/332/